Making A Difference For Dads
Our Chicago based law firm has a demonstrated record of success on behalf of fathers in custody disputes arising in divorce and paternity cases, in related matters such as domestic violence protection orders, and in post-decree matters such as child abduction, parent relocation and modification of child support orders.
Amanda M. Studenka received her Juris Doctor degree from UIC John Marshall Law School (JMLS), and her Master of Arts degree in forensic psychology from the Chicago School of Professional Psychology.
Amanda is excited to be working for the Law Offices of Jeffery M. Leving Ltd., seeking social justice and protecting the rights of fathers, children and families. Her longstanding passion for helping fathers and children, together with her training and experience helping those going through difficult times in their lives, make her a very valuable addition to the Leving legal team.
Amanda participated in the JMLS Family Law and Domestic Violence Clinic, where she obtained her 711 license to assist in court in family law and immigration cases. She enjoyed being a part of a clinic that helped parents and their families in foundational life matters of safety, security, and stability. While working with the clinic, Amanda researched and authored a report that she presented to Apna Ghar, a social services and advocacy organization, on the rights of families within the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services system.
She also participated in the JMLS International Human Rights Clinic. In her work with that clinic, she conducted research and contributed to important reporting on victims of human trafficking and international law for the United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Right to Health.
While at the Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Amanda participated in Forensic Ambassadors, which spearheaded a project to help inmates prepare for parole hearings and reintegration.
Amanda received a prestigious fellowship with the Naomi Ruth Cohen Institute. During her fellowship, she worked on community projects and made presentations to a variety of groups addressing the de-stigmatization of mental health issues. She also worked at Gateway Foundation, where she provided mental health therapy to individuals with severe mental illnesses and to those who experienced traumas such as divorce, childhood traumas, victims of crimes, and service-related experiences.
Important Legal Case Victories:
- Amanda was successful in obtaining a court order terminating a baseless order of protection that had prevented our client, a loving dad, from seeing his children and which put his liberty at risk.
- Through skillful and strategic negotiation, Amanda secured a co-parenting schedule that gave our client equal parenting time with his children, when the hostile adverse party insisted that our client have only a very minimal amount of parenting time.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- University of Illinois College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- Juris Doctor
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Chicago, Illinois
- M.A. Forensic Psychology
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Illinois
- B.A. Psychology, B.A. Sociology