Matt is a seasoned litigator, representing clients in complex family law cases involving divorce/dissolution of marriage, paternity, custody, visitation, parenting time, orders of protection, and domestic violence. He also represents clients on calculation of support, valuation and division of marital estates, valuation of business interests, and all financial issues related to a case. Matt fights for fathers in custody disputes in post-decree matters such as child abduction, parent relocation and modification of child support orders.
Prior to joining the Law Offices of Jeffery M. Leving Ltd., Matt successfully represented clients in complex civil litigation and pre-litigation disputes across a variety of subject matters including fraud, bad faith, privacy violations, insurance coverage, business, real estate, torts, personal injury, financial services, Ponzi schemes, and other areas of complex commercial litigation.
Matt has transactional experience representing clients in sophisticated corporate and real estate matters including drafting and negotiating commercial leases, purchase and sale of property, and financing.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Civil Litigation
- Illinois, 2009
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2009
- Wisconsin, 2015
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar, 2016
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 2018
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2022
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- Juris Doctor - 2009
- Villanova University, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2004
- Loyola Academy/Jesuit College Preparatory School , Wilmette , Illinois
- Successfully defended clients at trial who were victims of fraud.
- Successfully defended clients at trial who were accused of bad faith.
- Achieved summary judgment for clients in fraud and bad faith claims.
- Prevailed on appeals to the Illinois Appellate Court in fraud claims.