Making A Difference For Dads
Our Chicago based law firm has a demonstrated record of success on behalf of fathers in custody disputes arising in divorce and paternity cases, in related matters such as domestic violence protection orders, and in post-decree matters such as child abduction, parent relocation and modification of child support orders.
Sevana M. Sherffius
Sevana M. Sherffius works tirelessly on behalf of fathers, and has helped secure courtroom victories – and justice – for many dads who were previously shut out of their children’s lives. Now, these dads are active participants in their children’s lives.
Sevana brings her fierce dedication and unwavering commitment to protecting and fighting for the rights of fathers and their children.
Sevana earned her Juris Doctor degree from Chicago-Kent College of Law and a criminology degree from St. Louis University in St. Louis, Missouri. While in law school, Sevana was an active participant in the Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity; the Child and Family Law Society, where she was a class representative; and the Chicago-Kent Family Law Clinic.
Important legal case victories
- Sevana and the Leving legal team successfully prevented a mother from removing our client’s children to a distant state by obtaining a court order giving Dad exclusive possession of the children and barring the mother from removing them from Illinois.
- Sevana and the Leving legal team successfully secured permanent sole parental responsibility and parenting time for a father whose son was subjected to abuse and neglect at the hands of his mother. Dad’s little boy is now safe and is thriving in his father’s loving home.
- Sevana and the Leving legal team obtained a court order preventing a mother from taking Dad’s children out of the country after the mother told our client that he would never see his kids again.
- Sevana and the Leving legal team successfully litigated to reduce the child support burden of a disabled dad from thousands a month to zero.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, Illinois
- Juris Doctor
- Saint Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri
- Bachelor of Science
Honors and Awards
- 2021 Making a Difference for Families Award