We go where other firms won’t. And get results where other firms don’t.
Fathers must understand that they face a special challenge when they step into family courtrooms in Illinois and around the country. At the Law Offices of Jeffery M. Leving, Ltd., we have built our practice and our nationwide reputation on helping fathers overcome these challenges and doing what is right for themselves and their children. Our approach to family law practice is principled in the pursuit of justice. We take many cases in which the father is struggling for the best interests of his children, regardless of how difficult or complex the case may appear. We have assembled a team of highly skilled litigators from across the nation to give these fathers a fair chance at protecting their rights and preserving their relationships with their children.
We have a history of child custody and support victories in the Chicago area, statewide and nationwide.
The skill and dedication of our accomplished attorneys have allowed us to win numerous high-profile victories for our clients. In our practice, we have been instrumental in changing the course of legal development in the state of Illinois. Read about some of our recent success stories below:
Matrimonial Attorney Jeffery Leving Reunites Falsely Accused Dad with Missing Baby Girl
April 5, 2019 – Click here to read more.
Reportedly Abducted Child Recovered by Jeffery M. Leving Fathers’ Rights Legal Team
January 19, 2019 – Click here to read more.
Jeffery M. Leving Legal Team Rescues Illinois Children From Abuse and Neglect in Texas
October 3, 2018 – Click here to read more.
Chicago Child Saved from Physically Abusive and Emotionally Disturbed Mother
October 27, 2017 – Click here to read more.
Client’s Daughter Rescued; Safe In Georgia With Dad
September 23, 2016 — A devoted unwed father living in Georgia sought our assistance to have his 14-year-old daughter live safely with him, instead of in the unsafe and violent environment of the mother and her husband.
This little girl had been viciously struck in the face by her stepfather and she had nearly failed eighth grade in the mother’s home.
Her future now looks much brighter.
Achieving The Impossible: A Father’s Reunion
Firm attorney James M. Hagler recently met with a devastated Rockford father, who desperately wanted to see his 21-month-old baby daughter. He had no contact with her for most of her life. Previous attorneys from other law firms had failed him. By the time the father contacted our firm, he was skeptical anything could be done. He was ready to give up. Hagler created a fantastic legal strategy to bring the father face to face with his baby girl. The father started to hope.
Our firm went to work immediately. In court, our litigation team’s strategic arguments won. The court reunited the father with his baby, something all his prior lawyers outside of this firm thought was impossible.
This father was practically hopeless. He didn’t think he would ever see his daughter again. Our team gave him his daughter back, and now he begins his relationship.
This father had different lawyers who all failed him before coming to this firm. We didn’t.
Single Mom Wronged – Parenting Rights Restored
December 28, 2015 – Our Leading family law attorney Andrey Filipowicz brought justice to a single mother who hasn’t had visitation with her three children since the summer of 2014.
Two-Year Old Boy Safe From The Streets This Holiday Season
December 24, 2015 – Leading matrimonial attorney Anthony D’Agostino from the Law Offices of Jeffery M. Leving, Ltd., brought joy to a single father this holiday season by winning an order of residential placement for the toddler’s father.
Saved A Young Boy’s Life Who Was Denied Critical Life-Saving Medical Treatment
October 30, 2015 – Attorney Scott Shell won an important victory by saving a young boy’s life who was denied critical life-saving medical treatment. His courtroom victory provides this boy a chance for a future he otherwise would have lost.
Successfully Reversed $65,000 In Child Support Owed That Was Wrongfully Ordered Against Our Client
May 29, 2015 – In Cook County, our attorneys Maureen Gorman and Scott Shell successfully reversed $65,000 in child support owed that was wrongfully ordered against our client. Click here to read more.
A Victory For Memorial Day 2015
Our firm rescued young, at-risk children from an abusive and dangerous home environment. The Leving team saved three young boys being violently abused by their mother and her convicted felon boyfriend, obtaining custody for their father. Our client, the children’s father, felt hopeless when his young sons would relentlessly cry to stay with him when leaving visitation to be returned to their mother and her boyfriend. The father turned to our firm for the help he and his children desperately needed. Our attorneys used their courtroom skills to unequivocally establish that the fist-sized bruises on these defenseless children were caused by their mother’s angry boyfriend. In addition, our litigators convinced the judge the children’s scars came from horrific whippings by their own mother. Now these boys are safely in the protective arms of their father.This is another great victory. These boys will now enjoy their Memorial Day with their father without any fears!
Reunited A Young Mother And Her Children
May 14, 2015 – Our firm litigator, Maureen Gorman, obtained a significant victory in court yesterday reuniting a young mother with her baby and toddler. Maureen fiercely fought the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) in this complex abuse and neglect case.
“Today (April 22, 2015) marks the 15th anniversary of Elian Gonzalez being united with his father in Cuba. I was proud to help reunite Elian with his dad. I never gave up hope for Elian and his dad because failure was not an option for me. This international custody case brought substantial awareness to fathers’ rights world-wide. I take exceptional pride in winning un-winnable cases and putting people places they never thought possible.” – Jeffery M. Leving
Read More Past Success Stories:
- A father of a 7-year-old missing little girl from Brighton Park came to our firm looking for help in finding her. We prevailed in court and obtained a critical order of protection for the return of the young girl. Through our private detective’s tireless work, we found the missing girl in Muskegon, Michigan. She is now being safely returned to her father. The judge stated in court that she recognizes that we work as a team here. And, we do.
- In a milestone fathers’ rights case in Illinois, attorney Andrey Filipowicz helped a father obtain primary physical custody of his 3-year-old son following a two-year court battle. The case, Broder v. Giba, culminated with the appellate court upholding the trial court’s award of custody to our client, holding the mother and father on equal footing and dispelling the lingering vestiges of the tender years doctrine.
- In a critical case in Chicago, attorney Arthur Kallow helped a father remove his 14-year-old daughter from the mother’s home, which had become a dangerous environment after the mother began living with a suspected drug dealer. The court ordered that custody of the child be transferred to the father and enjoined the mother from exposing the child to the suspected drug dealer or any illicit drug activity.
- Our founder, Jeffery M. Leving, represented a Chicago man who recovered his son from the mother’s custody in Los Angeles because of allegations of neglect.
- The team at the Law Offices of Jeffery M. Leving, Ltd., coordinated litigation across two states and reunited our client, a Chicago man, with his daughter, after the mother absconded with her to Arizona in violation of an Illinois court order. Our attorneys worked with law enforcement agencies to have the child removed from the mother’s custody and safely returned to her father.
- Attorney James M. Hagler effectively represented a defrauded Cook County divorced spouse and was able to discover evidence that revealed many hundreds of thousands of dollars in assets that had been hidden by the opposing party during the initial divorce proceedings. This restored his client to financial independence and righted a terrible wrong.
- Attorney William Bass was successful in securing sole custody for a single father who, six months earlier, only had minimal contact with his daughter in supervised visits. This successful outcome in court reunited a father and his daughter in a happy relationship.
- Attorney Leslie Poole scored a crucial victory when he obtained sole custody for a father who was being forced out of his son’s life by the biological mother. The father felt he had no power to remain a part of his son’s life under the law but he did not give up hope and neither did Les.
- Attorney Scott Shell represented a Chicago area father who was cut out of the lives of his 7-year-old son and 11-year-old daughter when their mother took them to live out of state without notifying the father or obtaining his consent. Attorney Shell appeared before a Kane County judge and successfully persuaded the court to award custody to the father, and had the mother ordered to return the children to Illinois, where they now reside with their father.
- Attorney Anthony D’Agostino persuaded the court to award our client, a single father, primary custody of his 10-year-old daughter. This was a heartfelt victory for Mr. D’Agostino, who himself is the father of two girls. Failure was not an option for him.
- Attorney Maureen Gorman succeeded in reversing a Department of Children and Family Services indicated finding of abuse against our client, vindicating his reputation. Ms. Gorman recently won four Department of Children and Family Services appeals in a row and has successfully defended many fathers against false allegations of child and partner abuse.
- Attorney Scott Shell remarkably convinced a Cook County, Illinois, judge to vacate a 12-year-old Voluntary Acknowledgment of Paternity (VAP) and all related child support orders and arrears, which had accumulated against our client. This was a critical and pivotal victory for Scott’s client, a duped dad who had been paying support for another man’s child. Victories in these cases require strategic planning and persistence.
- Attorney Art Kallow successfully defended our desperate client who 26 years ago was wrongfully named the father of another man’s child, winning a hard-fought legal battle against the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office. The court vacated child support orders under which the mother claimed to be owed $230,000. This was a critical victory combating paternity fraud which saved our client from financial ruin and possible jail time. We were our client’s last defenders as he attempted to seek redress more than 25 years ago when another law firm failed him. Our lawyers understand and appreciate how high the stakes can be for our clients.
- Our firm achieved an important victory reuniting a Texas attorney with his children after a long and painful separation. It was a challenging case many other law firms would not have even taken.
Our Court Victories Have Saved Families And Shaped The Law In Illinois And Throughout The Country
At the Law Offices of Jeffery M. Leving, Ltd., our attorneys pride themselves on their ability to get results even in the most complex and contentious cases, in which hope seems lost to many. Call our office today at 312-702-0862 and contact us online to schedule a consultation.