Anthony S. D’Agostino attended the U.S. Naval Academy Preparatory School in Newport, Rhode Island, before he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree cum laude at St. Mary’s College in Winona, Minnesota.
He graduated in the top of his class in 1993 when he received his Juris Doctorate from John Marshall Law School in Chicago. He is a distinguished member of the trial bar for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and is licensed to practice law in Illinois.
During law school, Anthony learned the ins-and-outs of the legal system from the ground up when he worked as a paralegal for a top Chicago Law firm. After graduating law school in January 1993, Anthony litigated for several high profile law firms, including his own law firm, D’Agostino and Associates, where he represented state and federal criminal defendants, state and federal civil litigants, parents in contested dissolution of marriage, child custody, visitation and child support matters.
At the The Law Offices of Jeffery M. Leving, Ltd., Anthony’s experience led him to concentrate his practice of law, diligently advocating fathers’ rights in the following areas: orders of protection, dissolutions of marriage, paternity cases, child custody disputes, child support modifications, visitation issues and domestic violence.
In 2009, Anthony was presented the “Top Legal Advocate Award.”
In September 2010, Anthony joined President Obama for a conference call where the president discussed the key new benefits of the Affordable Health Care Act. The call was off the record and is not intended for press purposes.
- Anthony navigated a complex paternity case whereby the court awarded possession of a 12 year-old girl to his client, an unwed father. The court also enjoined the mother from removing the child from the father’s care and custody. Anthony’s tenacity won an important decision that reunited an unwed father and his daughter.
Areas Of Practice
- Orders of Protection
- Dissolutions of Marriage
- Paternity Cases
- Child Custody Disputes
- Child Support Modifications
- Visitation Issues
- Domestic Violence
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar
- The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois
- Juris Doctor - 1993
- Honors: Top of His Class
- St. Mary’s College, Winona, Minnesota
- Honors: cum laude
Honors and Awards
- Top Legal Advocate Award
- Leading Litigator