Making A Difference For Dads
Our Chicago based law firm has a demonstrated record of success on behalf of fathers in custody disputes arising in divorce and paternity cases, in related matters such as domestic violence protection orders, and in post-decree matters such as child abduction, parent relocation and modification of child support orders.
At the Law Offices of Jeffery M. Leving, Ltd., Matt Volk brings his extensive experience in family law matters and strategic mind to successfully represent our clients in highly contentious and complex matrimonial, child custody, child support and Order of Protection cases.
For the past ten years, Matt’s practice has focused exclusively on family law, including divorce, custody, visitation and parenting time, parentage, child support, and Order of Protection cases. Through his outstanding trial skills and painstaking preparation, Matt obtained successful resolutions for his clients and gained substantial experience as a matrimonial litigator.
Prior to focusing on family law, Matt worked in the area of civil litigation, handling a wide variety of cases before Judges and juries in Cook County and the surrounding counties. He also served at the Office of the Illinois Appellate Defender, where he handled very complex criminal matters. In this position, Matt zealously represented clients in serious criminal cases before the Illinois Appellate Court, gaining invaluable litigation experience which he now uses to benefit our clients.
Matt is passionately dedicated to achieving the best possible results for our clients through creative strategic planning and fierce advocacy.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Illinois, 2002
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 2002
- University of Iowa College of Law, Iowa City, Iowa
- J.D. - 2002
- Michigan State University
- B.A. - 1998
- Successfully defended a father in an Order of Protection proceeding after he was falsely accused of being mentally unstable. Due to Matt’s zealous representation, the Order of Protection was vacated and dad was able to remain an active part of his children’s lives.
- Successfully defended a client in a proceeding before the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services, in which the client was accused of child abuse after an altercation occurred in the client’s home, while children were present.
- Won a full reversal of a wrongful drug conviction in the Illinois Appellate Court, after convincing the Court that the State failed to prove its case against Matt’s client. Through Matt’s winning strategy and passionate arguments to the Court, he secured his client’s liberty, saving him from a lengthy incarceration and a travesty of justice.