John R. Madden obtained his Juris Doctor degree and was licensed to practice law in Illinois and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and, since that time, he has accomplished important legal victories in the areas of family law and complex corporate litigation. Further, he has performed extensive work with individuals setting up sophisticated trusts and estates, as well as handling those estates in probate court. With the Law Offices of Jeffery M. Leving, Ltd., Mr. Madden has taken the hard-earned experiences obtained from all his areas of practice and focused them squarely on protecting the rights of fathers and children.
Mr. Madden has dealt with family law cases where corporate ownership interests representing millions of dollars were at stake, successfully fighting to protect the interests of his clients from improper and excessive distribution. Additionally, he has helped his clients in maintenance litigation involving millions of dollars, ultimately ensuring success. He has effectively fought for clients in parentage actions, as well as represented clients dealing with matters of support and maintenance. Mr. Madden has brought difficult issues regarding the distribution of retirement accounts to a positive conclusion, protecting the financial concerns of his clients.
Before joining the Law Offices of Jeffery M. Leving, Ltd., Mr. Madden provided both large corporations and individual clients with legal counsel, correctly guiding them through the litigation process and obtaining excellent results. Mr. Madden's success extends to his representation of clients in large human rights federal litigation as well as complex family law litigation. He has a successful track record in obtaining favorable outcomes and settlements in the face of difficult factual and legal challenges.
Mr. Madden has navigated complex legal issues in multiple fields, including experience in state, federal, bankruptcy, and appellate litigation. Mr. Madden has litigated cases in courts in Cook County, and in DuPage, Will, Kane, Kendall, McHenry, and Lake Counties. Having practiced in several interrelated fields of law, Mr. Madden is well known by many judges in the local counties, generating a good working relationship with any judge he has appeared before. His substantial experience in court, both arguing motions and bringing matters to trial, have earned him high regard from judges throughout the Chicagoland area.
Before coming to Illinois to continue his legal career, Mr. Madden obtained his undergraduate degree from the University of Toledo, where he majored in Law and Social Thought with a minor in History. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Toledo College of Law.
Mr. Madden is an avid sportsman, having played rugby for over a decade, both in his native Ohio and in Chicago as a member of the Northwest Woodsmen. As the father of two young boys, Mr. Madden is committed to the mission of the Law Offices of Jeffery M. Leving, Ltd. and is dedicated to protecting the critical role that fathers play in the lives of their children. Through passionate advocacy and creative and strategic planning, Mr. Madden works tirelessly to achieve the best possible results for his clients and their children.
IMPORTANT LEGAL CASE VICTORIES
1. Mr. Madden defended his client in a complex custody case where the mother had misappropriated and spent the daughter's college fund, which was funded by Mr. Madden's client, for the mother's own personal use. Mr. Madden obtained a very favorable Court award for the father, which included transferring residential custody of the child from the mother to Mr. Madden's client.
2. In a case in which the minor child suffered debilitating medical complications at birth and was permanently disabled, Mr. Madden secured a Court award allowing the child to get the care she needs now and in the future for the rest of her life.
3. In a complex divorce case that also involved the sale of a business and maintenance, Mr. Madden was successful in securing results far greater than his client hoped to achieve.
Areas Of Practice
- Family law litigation
- Trusts and Estates
- Corporate litigation and corporate transactional law
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- University of Toledo College of Law, Toledo, Ohio
- Juris Doctor
- University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio
- Bachelor of Arts