Prior to that, Ms. Lane worked for a criminal defense law firm in Des Moines and for the Iowa Coalition Against Sexual Assault. In those critical roles, she strategically prepared complex cases for trial and discovered her passion to help families and children.
Ms. Lane returned to her hometown of Chicago, where she had graduated from Morgan Park High School, and joined the Law Offices of Jeffery M. Leving, Ltd.
Ms. Lane brings her dedication to zealously fight for her clients and a desire to secure equal rights for all her clients including LGBTQ+ identifying persons in the family law realm.
Ms. Lane is licensed to practice law by the Supreme Court of Illinois.
- Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa
- Juris Doctor
- Admitted to The Order of the Barristers
- Finalist Supreme Court Day Competition
- Champion First Year Oral Arguments
- President of OUTLaws (LGBTQIA+ Student Organization)
- Coe College, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Bachelor of Arts
- Majors: English and Sociology
- Alpha Omicron Pi
- Vice President of Communications
- Social Chairwoman
- Panhellenic Conference
- Vice President of Public Relations
- Volunteer Sociology Tutor
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Black Women Lawyers’ Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association